Monday, June 15, 2009

Zuchinni Bread


I couldn't help but share this delightful creation which I made yesterday for lunch. After reading the recipe which I discovered on 101 Cookbooks I couldn't resist making it out of curiousity. A combination of ingredients such as curry powder, crystalised ginger, vanilla extract and zuchinni left me wandering if this was a savoury or sweet bite. Having made it for lunch I was leaning toward it being savoury but turns out it was a lovely sweet loaf much like a banana bread and can i say the flavours were amazingly delightful on the palate. So much so that i followed up with a second helping and so to did my 2 1/2 year old. Well it was just out of the oven after all and there is seriously nothing better (any excuse). Try it for yourself and see what you think. I think it will becoming a regular on our baking list as it also proved to be a tasty start to day toasted with a little fresh ricotta and maple syrup drizzled over the top.

No comments: